Close Menu
West Coast Times
  • Latest News
  • Media
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • More
    • Real Estate
    • Business & Economy
    • Culture & Society
    • Technology & Innovation
    • Environment & Sustainability
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Politics & Government
What's Hot

AOC Alabama Speech Sparks Outrage

May 24, 2026

White House Shooting Suspect Details Shock

May 24, 2026

California chemical leak forces mass evacuation

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
West Coast TimesWest Coast Times
SUBSCRIBE
  • Latest News
  • Media
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • More
    • Real Estate
    • Business & Economy
    • Culture & Society
    • Technology & Innovation
    • Environment & Sustainability
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Politics & Government
West Coast Times
Login
Home»Latest News

White House Shooting Suspect Details Shock

Lester HoltBy Lester HoltMay 24, 2026 Latest News No Comments3 Mins Read
White House Shooting Suspect Details Shock
White House Shooting Suspect Details Shock
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A shooting near the White House has raised serious security concerns in Washington, D.C., after a young man opened fire on Secret Service officers before being killed. The incident took place on Saturday evening near a security checkpoint close to 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

The suspect has been identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best from Maryland. According to authorities, he approached a checkpoint near the White House and suddenly pulled a firearm from a bag. He then opened fire on officers, triggering a rapid response from the Secret Service.

The United States Secret Service returned fire immediately and struck the suspect. Best was taken to hospital but later died from his injuries. Officials confirmed that a bystander was also injured during the exchange, though it is still unclear who fired the shot that caused the injury.

The shooting caused panic in the area around the White House in Washington, D.C.. People nearby ran for cover as security forces secured the perimeter. The White House was placed under lockdown for around 30 minutes. A large police presence remained in the area for several hours after the incident.

Court records show that Best had previously come to the attention of law enforcement. He had been arrested last July after entering a restricted area near the White House. Reports say he ignored repeated warnings to leave the area. Officials also said he had tried multiple times to enter secure zones around the White House complex.

Documents also suggest that Best had been detained earlier after blocking a vehicle entrance near the White House. During that incident, he reportedly made unusual statements to officers and said he wanted to be arrested. A bench warrant was later issued after he failed to appear in court.

Authorities say the suspect had been on the Secret Service’s radar before Saturday’s attack. His repeated attempts to access restricted areas raised concerns about security monitoring and threat assessment procedures. Investigators are now reviewing all previous interactions with him.

The incident happened during a period of heightened tension in the United States. President Donald Trump was inside the White House at the time of the shooting. He was not injured. Security teams quickly secured all entry points to the building.

The White House has recently faced multiple security scares. Just a month earlier, another armed individual allegedly breached a security checkpoint during a public event in Washington, D.C. That incident led to an evacuation of the president and first lady.

Following Saturday’s shooting, Trump commented on social media about security concerns. He said the incident showed the need for stronger protection measures around presidential facilities. His remarks linked the event to broader discussions about safety improvements in the capital.

The United States Secret Service has not yet released full details about the investigation. Officials say they are reviewing how the suspect was able to approach the checkpoint and draw a weapon. They are also examining how the situation escalated so quickly.

Security experts say incidents near the White House highlight ongoing challenges in protecting high-profile government sites. Even with strong security systems in place, unpredictable threats can still occur.

Law enforcement presence remains strong around key government buildings in Washington, D.C. Authorities say they are continuing to assess risks and improve response systems.

Investigators are expected to release more information as the case develops. For now, the focus remains on understanding how the suspect was able to carry out the attack and what security gaps may have existed.

Lester Holt
  • Website
  • Facebook

Lester Holt is a freelance journalist based in the USA, with over 25 years of experience reporting on Politics, World Affairs, Business, Health, Technology, Finance, Lifestyle, and Culture. He earned his degree in Journalism from California State University, Sacramento. Throughout his career, he has contributed to outlets such as NBC News, MSNBC, and The New York Times. Known for his clear reporting and insightful storytelling, Lester delivers accurate and timely news that keeps readers informed on national and global developments.

Keep Reading

AOC Alabama Speech Sparks Outrage

California chemical leak forces mass evacuation

US green card policy forces overseas return

Chicago House Fire Leaves Four Dead

Supreme Court Term Limits Face Big Hurdle

GOP Immigration Funding Bill Faces Senate Clash

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

GOP Immigration Funding Bill Faces Senate Clash

May 20, 2026

US Tanzania Sanctions Bill Sparks Global Tension

May 20, 2026

White South African Refugees Surge Under US Plan

May 19, 2026

Trump IRS Settlement Fund Sparks Major Outcry

May 19, 2026

Luigi Mangione Murder Trial Evidence Fight

May 18, 2026

NYC Drunk Driving Crash Kills 2

May 18, 2026
Trending News

Hurricane Erin Forces Evacuations on North Carolina’s Outer Banks

August 18, 2025

Qantas hit with unprecedented fine for illegal layoffs

August 19, 2025

European Leaders Display Common Stance on Ukraine

August 19, 2025

Global Sperm Counts Falling Due to Plastic Chemicals

August 19, 2025

CATEGORIES

  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • Culture & Society
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Environment & Sustainability
  • News
  • Technology & Innovation
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • Travel & Tourism
  • Media
  • Education

IMPORTANT LINKS

  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • Imprint

SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER

Westcoasttimes.com © 2025, All Rights Reserved

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.